Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How to proceed with tech support

Macandrewsc808Macandrewsc808 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Connectivity Oct 10, 2021

i have an intermittent problem, several times per day. Symptoms:

cannot reach miscellaneous sites (Amazon, Home Depot, etc.) but. CAN reach news sites

when this occurs, Speedsmart shows pings at ~100ms, but dl speed is ok at ~200mbs

spectrum has replaced modem once and router twice, to no effect.

problem typically resolves itself after a few minutes

have tried changing dns server, rebooting modem rebooting iPad/iPhone no joy

suspect it is a Spectrum problem, where cached sites are fine, non-cached ones are not

any suggestions?

Michael

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 104 MOD
    Oct 11, 2021

@Macandrewsc808

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about your internet issues. Does this happen only on the iOS devices or does it seem to happen on any device that has a browser? If all of the devices are Apple devices, that's okay, I just want to kind of get an idea of the set up in the house to know where to start.

• Macandrewsc808Macandrewsc808 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Oct 11, 2021

Thanks for the response!

We only have iOS devices. None of this happened until we upgraded to the 200mbp package, which required a new modem & router. We got as far as tier 2 tech support, but they were focused on the hw, and could not explain why I could connect to some sites but not others. Then they stopped responding.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,065 ADMIN
    Oct 11, 2021

Which browser are you using and are you able to duplicate the issue on a different browser?

• Macandrewsc808Macandrewsc808 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Oct 11, 2021

i use Safari. Same issue with Chrome.

• bryan_sbryan_s Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Oct 11, 2021

I have a very similar issue with our apple devices. Neither of our iphones (iphone 11 and 12) will stay connected to the router (wifi 6). Our TV, computers (non-apple), and other devices never have connectivity or speed issues. But we have to turn our iphone wifi off and on all day to use wifi but we are tearing through cellular data since we have to continually turn off wifi. We have no other wifi connectivity issues outside of our home/spectrum router. Our issues are across all sites (safari/chome) and apps (facebook, pandora, amazon, ect).

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,065 ADMIN
    Oct 11, 2021

@Macandrewsc808

Have you checked your content privacy settings?

Settings>ScreenTime>Content&Privacy Restrictions>Content restrictions>Websites (or web content)...unlimited access is ON

Also, can you duplicate the issue on a non Apple device?

@bryan_s

Your issue may have similar symptoms, but sounds like a different issue. If you need assistance, please start a new post.

Thanks!