Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How to solve Iphone 11 and 12 wifi connectivity issues with wifi 6 router provided by spectrum.

bryan_sbryan_s Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Connectivity Oct 11, 2021

I have an issue with our apple devices staying connected to the Spectrum provided Wifi6 router. Neither of our iphones (iphone 11 and 12) will stay connected to the router (wifi 6). Our TV, computers (non-apple), and other devices never have connectivity or speed issues. But we have to turn our iphone wifi off and on all day to use wifi but we are tearing through cellular data since we have to continually turn off wifi. We have no other wifi connectivity issues outside of our home/spectrum router. Our issues are across all sites (safari/chome) and apps (facebook, pandora, amazon, ect). Any one know how to fix this? Rebooted everything. Updated to most recent version of iOS with no luck.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,065 ADMIN
    edited October 12 Oct 12, 2021

Sorry for any issues. What troubleshooting have you tried already? Have you tried restarting the modem and the router? When did this issue begin?

• bryan_sbryan_s Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Oct 12, 2021

We have restarted the router and the modem multiple times, along with our apple devices. The issue has been occurring the whole time we have had spectrum internet, so for about a month. Our phones show that we have wifi, but if you try to use it, there is no connection. We have to disconnect and reconnect dozens of times a day but mostly have to use data to use our phones in our house. Our Ipads have to be disconnected and reconnected multiple times each use to get a wifi connection stable enough to use. This issue seems to only be related to apple products. Our amazon fire products, samsung tv, dell laptops and all other IOT devices do not seem to be experiencing connectivity issues.

Oct 12, 2021

Thanks for the clarification. Since the internet is working otherwise on all devices except Apple devices, we suggest contacting Apple directly to troubleshoot the settings of the Apple devices.

Oct 12, 2021

Seems to be the Spectrum hardware. Our devices do not experience connectivity issues with any other wifi devices we have come across. Is there some sort of manual updating that needs to happen to our router?

Oct 12, 2021

One way to determine if it is an issue with the equipment would be to exchange the router for new one at a local Spectrum store.

Another note, if you are using the same SSID that you used with your previous internet service, the Apple devices may be still looking for the old device. If the SSID is the same, please try changing the SSID and testing the Apple devices again.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 137 MOD
    Oct 12, 2021

To add to what James_M wrote, it may be good to "Forget" the wifi connection and reconnect to it like new. That actually worked for me personally on my iPhone and iPad before.

Oct 13, 2021

Thank you we will try that! We did keep the SSID the same for the IOT devices to reconnect easily. So maybe there is something logged in the Iphone that is messing it up.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 137 MOD
    Oct 14, 2021

To add to what James_M wrote, it may be good to "Forget" the wifi connection and reconnect to it like new. That actually worked for me personally on my iPhone and iPad before when I switched routers and used the same wifi names.

Oct 15, 2021

Nope, none of that seemed to work. We changed the login info and all devices still work other than Apple devices. I think my best bet will be to exchange the equipment and see if that fixes this. Thanks