Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Upstream connectivity issues between the hours of 18:30 -24:00.

Rex_BRex_B Posts: 1
in Connectivity Oct 21, 2021

I have been suffering from failed data upload and severe gaming "lag" for the past two weeks during the hours specified. When I was tracking the issue I found that it has been replicable between the hours stated. With a speed test (OOKLA) being being used as a basic tool to evaluate my connection, I found that the upload speed is ~23Mbps from 08:00 to 18:30, then when the period mentioned in the question is reached the speed drops to ~0.4Mbps.

I have had techs out for the past 4 day, new co-ax has been installed and the line maintenance department has been out. None of these have solved my issue.

I was told that I needed a DOCSIS 3.1 compliant modem on my service, though my 3.0 compliant modem was certified by Spectrum for my plan. I have updated to a SB 8200 from a SB 6183 and still my issues persist.

Looking through my modem logs I have found that in the evening I get the error "No Ranging Response received - T3 timeout" fairly consistently. I believe that the issue is upstream from my home connection, but how to I convince the service team that my personally owned modem is not the cause of my woes.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,109 ADMIN
    Oct 21, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi and welcome!

The issue you describe would require a service call for a technician to investigate. I was able to locate your account from your registration information. I am showing that you have a service call scheduled already and it appears that the issue is being referred to our maintenance team.

We appreciate your patience while they work to resolve your issue.

This discussion has been closed.