Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum TV App 6.9.0 For Roku Crashes

wickerberrywickerberry Posts: 44 Contributor

The latest upgrade to the Roku TV App crashes the App when clearing viewing history and bookmarks, the build date of the App is 10/19/2021. I've not seen this problem on previous TV App versions and is occurring on both Roku Stick and Ultra. Tried it on three different Roku devices multiple times and crashed it on each attempt. If anyone else experiences the same please post it and perhaps one of the moderators could provide feedback to the developers to try and recreate it themselves.

Best Answer

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 33 Moderator
    Oct 23, 2021 Accepted Answer

Sorry for the trouble with the app. I've tested it with my Roku running 6.9.0 and am not able to recreate this problem.

Are you getting any error message? Have you tried reinstalling the app and rebooting your internet modem?

Replies

• wickerberrywickerberry Posts: 44 Contributor
    Oct 23, 2021

Hello, the Roku's I'm testing it on are running OS 10.0.0, Spectrum App is 6.9.0

Launch the Spectrum App is comes up and works fine no problems, go to Settings/Preferences/Clear Viewing History and Bookmarks. If you press Clear that is what crashes the App every time. Are those the steps you took?

I've reinstalled the App and get the same problem , have not seen this on any previous version.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 33 Moderator
    Oct 24, 2021

Also OS 10.0.0 here, yes those are the same steps I took with no issue.

There are no error messages, it just closes the app?

I would try rebooting the modem and the Rokus if you have not already.

• wickerberrywickerberry Posts: 44 Contributor
    Oct 25, 2021

Over the weekend I confirmed with two other people they were seeing the same issue. Going to settings/preferences/clear viewing history history and bookmarks caused an abnormal end to the Spectrum App when pressing clear taking it back to the Roku home screen.

Today when I checked it was working on three devices with no crash. I did not take any new actions or rental so Spectrum must have fixed something in the background.

This discussion has been closed.