Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum SR-002-U remote. No "Live" button??

bobberbobber Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 10 in TV Equipment Oct 27, 2021

This is driving me crazy. If watching a program and switching channels momentarily and coming back to what I was watching I find the program begins way back from where it should be without me pausing it. I then need to fast forward to get to the current time and position. My earlier Spectrum remote had a live button which instantly caught up. Why is this great feature missing?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 27, 2021

Hello!

Welcome to the forum! Some questions:

1.) Do you have DVR service?

2.) Do you have the new Spectrum Guide?

3.) What is the make and model of your box?

4.) Does this happen every time you go back to a "Live" TV presentation? If you have DVR service, can you reproduce this after playback of a recording, and than going to live TV.

5.) Does this happen all the time, some of the time, or rarely?

6) Did this just start happening? Or has it always been like this?

7.) Did your box come with the new Spectrum Guide? Or was it updated overnight to Spectrum Guide.

8.) Have you tried rebooting the box?

This sounds like a buffer issue.

The live button on the new World Box Remotes, is the center button between the channel up/down buttons.

Satch

• bobberbobber Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 27, 2021

Yes, I have a Cisco DVR model 9865 with the Spectrum guide that came with it when I picked it up around 2 months ago from their store. I think it does it every time I go from a live program and switch back to a previously watched channel. I have rebooted several times but this issue continues.

My new SR-002-U remote has the Last channel button between the channel up and down buttons. No Live button any where. Never heard of the World Box remote. Does spectrum offer it?

Thanks for your reply.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 27, 2021

Glad to help!

The World Box is the box without a clock. It has Spectrum Guide on it and comes with the remote that you have for your Cisco 9865 DVR. Spectrum has been updating the boxes to the new guide, so if you get a box from the office, and your division has begun the change-over, you will get a box with Spectrum Guide most likely. Only four tuners instead of six on the older guide than ran on the Cisco 9865 box called ODN. (Which most customers like better.)

You have two options for getting a remote with a Live TV button:

1.) Go to a Spectrum office and swap out your existing remote for my recommendation of remote. The Clickr Backlite. You will get your live button back! It will work with the new guide and will be easier to use.

2.) Or call Spectrum Customer care, and tell the voice prompt that you want a new remote that is not a World Box remote..

I would recommend option 1.

This may not resolve the DVR going back farther than it should, but maybe it will.

Satch

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 27, 2021

Hey Satch:

Our 201-H World Boxes came with the Spectrum URC1160 Remotes and there is no "Live" functionality. As bobber mentioned, the button between the Channel Up & Channel Down buttons is for Last Channel, https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/charter-spectrum-urc1160/

I've tried some older Charter Remotes from a thrift shop and the Live buttons do nothing. The only way to return to Live without Fast Forwarding is to turn off the STB and turn it back on.