Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Spam Calls

FishermanFisherman Posts: 127 Contributor
in Digital Phone Oct 30, 2021

I have come to the conclusion that virtually every call I receive from a phone number that has a caller ID showing a phone number is a scammer. Have any of you noticed the same same thing? Maybe it turns out that calls from any number with a CID showing a phone number is a spam call.. Based on the research I have done calling back numbers with a blocked phone, it appears this is this is the case, please let me know what you have found, as if this is true, we have possibly found a new key to blocking robocallers. I am working with several call blocking companies to determine if this is true. Please let met know what you may have found.

I am working for you, and am working with multiple corporations to try and eliminate or minimize robocalls. Your feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,754 Contributor
    edited October 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Yes @Fisherman,

You are on to something! Any call that just shows a phone number without a name, or has a bunch of numbers smashed together without spaces is a spammer. i.e 1234567890. Glad you are working on this!

We are collectively working to improve the reliability of the Spectrum Call Guard System in "My Account" Settings. Please see my post here and contribute within that thread if you have anything to mention concerning Spectrum Call Guard:

Satch

• FishermanFisherman Posts: 127 Contributor
    edited October 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Thanks for your reply, Satch,

I am experimenting locally using VZ56K as a base and have written an expression that hopefully will eliminate any callers using a 714 area code followed by any series of numbers as an experiment. As I stated, I have yet to see any callers using a phone number as a CID be legitimate. Just last week I noticed that even callers from other area codes using phone numbers as a CID were all bogus, as an example 7 calls from "Amazon charge alert" callers, and several Medicare scammers doing the same. Seems these people are always trying something new. I was able to successfully implement an expression to eliminate all of the "V" callers ^[vV]\d{14}$ that has brought me a good level of peace here.

Does Spectrum Call Guard use Stir/Shaken?

This discussion has been closed.