Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

My new cable box only has a hand full of networks on demand

Linds1985Linds1985 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I received a new DVR box, and I absolutely hate it. Not only does having this new DVR make my Spectrum app crash. But when I go to "on demand" I have 23 networks listed.

My previous box had a ton, and my app on my phone still has a ton, but the new box has 23.

Am I able to return this new box for an older version? I LOATHE this new box and how delayed it is with every button push.

Best Answer

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 419 Moderator
    Nov 02, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

The number of networks listed should be solely based on what you subscribe to. So the app and the box should show the same number of networks when you are using the app on your home network. You can try to reset the cable box by unplugging the power cord and coax cord for 30 seconds then plug it back in. This should have the box go through the reset that can take 5 to 10 minutes. After the reset if the networks do not show up on demand you can swap the box out at a local office for a new one if you like to see if that helps.

-Tyleen

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,396 Contributor
    Nov 03, 2021

Hi,

I would try @Tyleen_Z 's suggestion first. If that does not work, call Spectrum and ask them to re-authorize the box to your account. They will do another reboot over the phone, and once that is done, you should be getting the services you pay for.

Important- If you have the new World Box (Box without a clock) and the new Spectrum Guide on it, the Spectrum app will not work on it. The engineers are working on an update, but there is no ET for a fix.

You can (Within 48-72 hours of installation) go to the Spectrum TV website and to "My Account"/watch TV to remotely schedule shows and manage your DVR. You will need to wait at least 48 hours to do this on any box.

You can only use the Spectrum app on the older model boxes. If you get a box with a clock, this might be possible following the 48 hour activation period.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.