Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

App crashes every time try to Reserve IP Address for Desktop with Static IP Address

ManomanManoman Posts: 3 Spectator
edited November 17 in Connectivity Nov 16, 2021

The My Spectrum App crashes every time try to Reserve IP Address for Desktop with Static IP Address. I have seen others here with the same issue. This means we can't port forward. And yes I deleted and reinstalled the App. Is there a fix?

Replies

• ManomanManoman Posts: 3 Spectator
    Nov 16, 2021

When I click manage devices, I can only see wireless devices, not my hard wired desktop. Since I can't even see it, I can't attempt port forwarding.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 419 Moderator
    Nov 18, 2021

Hello @Manoman and thank you for your post. What type of device are you using to attempt the IP reservation? Is it a phone or tablet? Do you have any other devices that you might be able to try this on?

Thank you.

Paul_B

• ManomanManoman Posts: 3 Spectator
    Nov 18, 2021

The issue is actually that if you already have a device set up for a static IP address, the app will just crash if you try to reserve an IP address for that device. I am kind of surprised that answer hasn't been posted on here before. In all events, when you get to port forwarding, you can only put in numbers no dashes and no commas so it seems that there is no capacity to put in a range of ports. Is there some way to input a range?

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 419 Moderator
    Nov 18, 2021

I took a look at the app and I am not seeing any way to open a range of ports. You would only be able to open 1 port at a time. I apologize. I will certainly pass along feedback regarding this.

Thank you.

Paul_B