Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Samsung TV app Guide sorting keeps changing to sort by channel name

sm45sm45 Posts: 6 Participant
edited November 18 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for Other Devices Nov 18, 2021

Samsung TV app Guide sorting keeps changing to sort by channel name and not by channel number. I know I can change it, but before the latest update it always left the sorting by channel numbers. I turn the TV off or leave the app, then it changes back to sorting by name and not by number. Whatever you select should stay in that setting when you return to the app. Is there a way to make it stay in sorting by channel number?

Replies

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 14 Moderator
    Nov 18, 2021

Hello @sm45 and welcome!

Are you using the app on any other device, and if so is this occurring on those devices as well?

• sm45sm45 Posts: 6 Participant
    Nov 18, 2021

This exact problem is only happening on the Samsung TV app.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,112 ADMIN
    Nov 18, 2021

Thanks. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? You may need to also power cycle (unplug) the Samsung TV.

Nov 19, 2021

Yes I just tried uninstalling and unplugged tv. No matter what I do it goes back to sorting by channel name and not by the number. This started happening after the most recent update (which this update actually made the app run quicker and less lagged, ironically).

Thank you.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,112 ADMIN
    edited November 19 Nov 19, 2021

Thanks. What is the model of the Samsung TV are you using?

Nov 19, 2021

It is a 55" TU700D

Model code:

UN55TU700DFXZA

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 33 Moderator
    Nov 21, 2021

Have you tried updating the software on your Samsung TV? To do this go to settings, and select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.

Nov 21, 2021

Yep says it is up to date.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 114 Moderator
    Nov 22, 2021

I apologize for any confusion. This was a change that was made with the last app update. The sorting can be changed within in session, but when the app is launched the next time, it would revert back to the default channel name sorting.

edited November 22 Nov 22, 2021

That needs to be changed back. Or changed to where it remembers your selection. Any other version of the app it stays in sorting by channel number.

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 327 Moderator
    Nov 22, 2021

Thank you for the feedback @sm45 I will pass along the feedback to our app developers.

• tweedonryetweedonrye Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2021

I would request immediate action from your devs, this change is extremely irritating

at the very least it should default to the setting the user selected.

From the endless irritation from the inactive time outs ( who thought this was good for music channels? )

and the spinning on some channels when the cable box has no issue,

this 'feature' tops the irritation scale!

• PatEPatE Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2021

This is a very annoying update. Please correct it and in addition to SORT BY CHANNEL NUMBER, can you make FILTER BY FAVORITES remain in place if that is choice. Thank you!

• Mona0783Mona0783 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2021

I agree, this feature needs to be changed back. It makes no sense that you can’t save your guide settings on your tv. And why would sorting by channel name be the default? Very irritating.