Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

White Light On Arris DVR's

scnrfrqscnrfrq Posts: 15 Participant
in TV Equipment Nov 19, 2021

Just started to have a white light on both my Spectrum Arris DCX3600 DVR's. It is a circular light under the red record button.On all the time. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 19, 2021

Hello,

I think that light is the Power indicator when the box is turned on,

Satch

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 20, 2021

Hi @scnrfrq ,

You had mentioned over at DSL Reports that you set up a service call. I would advise against this, below is why and what you should consider:

What do you want the tech to do? If the CSR as not sure as the tech, depending on what is written on the work order, I hope the tech does not make things worse.

My recommendation, if the functionality of the box is OK, I would not worry about the light. You don't want him to give you a new World Box and Spectrum Guide on it, if the ODN box is working fine otherwise.

I would cancel the service call. We can always investigate about the functionality of the light. I encourage all customers to hold on to their boxes for as long as they can, replacing them only as a last resort. You don't know what you are going to get in an exchange.

Satch

• scnrfrqscnrfrq Posts: 15 Participant
    Nov 20, 2021

Spectrum tech added a MOCA filter between the DVR's. All good and lights went out too. I had whole house DVR and no one knows why.