Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Cannot change/update the wifi channel anymore

Kidandy369Kidandy369 Posts: 1 Newcomer
in Home Networking Nov 20, 2021

I used to be able to update the wifi channel a couple different ways, but now it requires me to go through the app. The app does not give me an option to change the wifi channel. The channel I am currently on looks like it is the main channel for my area, as multiple accounts are connected to it. There are multiple channels free of any activity. Another option was to login with the routers ip address and use the login and password of "admin".

Is there a way to change/update the wifi channel? The download speed and everything looks good, but it can slow down at certain times of the day because of the log jam of people connected to the channel.

Thank You

Tagged:

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 114 Moderator
    Nov 20, 2021

Hello @Kidandy369

Welcome to our community! Since you mentioned having to go through the app to update the router settings, it sounds like you have one of our new Advanced Home WiFi routers. These routers do not have the allow for a specific wireless channel to be specified. The router would automatically switch the channel if it senses too much wireless interference on the channel that is in use.