Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why doesn't the DVR box support channels above 2495?

Grimm2021Grimm2021 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 20 in TV Equipment Nov 20, 2021

So I just got switched from the legacy TW plans to Spectrum plans. I lost TV Japan SD (ch. 859) and was replaced by the HD version (2587). According to support, ch. 859 does not exist in Spectrum's plans. And my old DVR box cannot access 2587 (which is the only channel above 2500 according to the guide on streaming apps).

So I guess I have to ditch the old DVR box and switch entirely to streaming and Cloud DVR. Or get a TiVo and hope that works out.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 20, 2021

Hi @Grimm2021

Welcome to the forum!

Were you told ahead of time about the channels that you would lose if you switched plans? The boxes should be universal with regard to the channels that you get in your package. When you press Guide on your remote, are channels 2495 and above shown in the Time Grid? What happens if you try to go above channel 2495? Have you tried a reboot of your box?

A couple of questions for the community to review:

1.) What is the make and model of your cable box?

2.) Find your guide type. Google Search, "What Guide do I Have?", Spectrum. Than post your address and zip code in the box at the site that comes up and report that information here

3.) To what service package did you upgrade from your legacy TWC plan?

Satch

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 20, 2021

Clarification on #2 above,

Just need the name of your program guide. As always street address and account information must remain private.

Satch