Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Which routers are both compatible, but also not capable of being managed by Spectrum?

LeafweirLeafweir Posts: 1 Newcomer
in Home Networking Nov 21, 2021

I own my own Motorola router/modem combo. This weekend I noticed that I couldn't login to the admin panel any more. A couple of Google searches and Reddit threads later, this seems to be a common occurence with Spectrum.

I'm also having problems accessing content on my Roku (the channel and app store) since this happened. Netflix and HBO Max work fine, but Amazon Prime and Disney+ keep telling me that they can't connect. I can connect to them via my laptop, but not via the Roku.

Anyone have a recommendation for a modem/router combo that Spectrum won't lock me out of? Only alternative seems to be getting a modem and seperate router that they can't configure.

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 114 Moderator
    Nov 22, 2021

Hello @Leafweir

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having logging in to your equipment. When it comes to customer owned equipment, we do not have the ability to lock you out of logging in to it. The only equipment that we can limit access to would be equipment that we provide. Since firmware updates to have to go through a testing process to make sure that they will not cause any harm to our network, it is possible that the updated firmware is required for access to your equipment and the update hasn't been approved and rolled out by us yet. I would recommend reaching out to Motorola directly as they would be able to tell you if there is a firmware update requirement for the login access.