Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

DVR not always saving recording at point I told it to

sprillsprill Posts: 6 Participant
in TV Equipment Nov 21, 2021

When I press STOP on the remote whenwatching a recording on the Arris/Motorola DCX3250ED DVR with the new "Spectrum Guide" I get two options - either Delete Recording or Keep Recording. Since Spectrum updated the guide a month or two ago this always worked perfectly. When I would press "keep recording" it would save the recording at the point in the show when I pressed STOP.

Now it is very hit or miss when I press "Keep Recording". Many times it goes back to the beginning of the show, sometimes it goes back to the previous spot that I hit "keep recording" and sometimes it works like it is supposed to.

Very frustrating. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there anyway to submit these types of issues directly to the group that does these updates. Support is useless and they always want to send a tech to the house. Thanks---

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 21, 2021

Hello @sprill,

A moderator should see this, submit a report to the Spectrum Guide Development Team, and respond in the form that this has been done. Thank you for this information!

Box: Arris/Motorola DCX3250ED DVR

Guide: New Spectrum Guide

Problem/Symptom: Keep recording option does not always start back at the proper place where the user last stopped the recording.

Satch

• sprillsprill Posts: 6 Participant
    Nov 21, 2021

Thank you Satch