Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How Do I Report a Channel Listed as HD Showing Up in SD?

Joey1986Joey1986 Posts: 172 Contributor

This is concerning PBS station KLCS, channels 3 and 1222 on my lineup in Los Angeles.

The guides on both my ODN box and Spectrum Guide Worldbox both list this station as HD, but the picture is SD quality. I get the station in HD with an antenna. I called in to report this issue, they made me try troubleshooting steps (unplug and replug box, disconnect and reconnect HDMI cable, try a different HDMI input, etc.) despite my repeatedly telling the CSR that the issue was not with my equipment, but an issue at the Santa Monica headend, which serves my area.

She insisted on sending out a tech; again, even though I know for a fact that the issue is not with my equipment.

Another sign that this is not an issue with my boxes or HDMI cables is that my parents, aunt, and workplace, all served by a different headend (the Culver City one) get KLCS in HD.

I’m skeptical that the tech can do anything besides contact the headend techs and report it to them. The tech is coming today. If that doesn’t work, what other recourse do I have to report this issue?

Accepted Answers

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,112 ADMIN
    Nov 23, 2021 Accepted Answer

First step would be to have the tech investigate on a service call. Let us know how it goes.

edited November 24 Nov 24, 2021 Accepted Answer

@Joey1986

Looking a little deeper, there is maintenance scheduled in your area. Unfortunately there is currently no ETA available. If the issue is not resolved in the next week or two, please let us know.

Replies

• Joey1986Joey1986 Posts: 172 Contributor
    Nov 23, 2021

The tech wasn’t here very long. He insisted that the channel is not an HD channel, despite what I wrote in my original post. I even switched over to my antenna to show him that it is an HD channel, but he wasn’t convinced.

Nov 23, 2021

Thanks. The two cable boxes have been online for 19 and 21 days respectively. I sent some refresh signals to the boxes. Please unplug each for at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in and let us know if the issue continues.

• Joey1986Joey1986 Posts: 172 Contributor
    Nov 23, 2021

I unplugged each box for 30 seconds. The problem still persists. It’s my entire area, not my equipment. I’ve visited friends who live near me, and they’re having the issue, too. That’s how I know it’s not on my end. Please escalate this to the techs at the Santa Monica headend.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 24, 2021

Hi ,@Joey1986,

When I read your OP. my cable experiance concinced me that this is not a box issue. It's a head-end issue. One of those "So few people care, that no one reports the issue." I would give Spectrum two weeks minimum to see if they can fix this. By the third week, I would suggest contacting PBS station KLCS in your LA area of Santa Monica. Let them know that your head end is the only one not receiving PBS in HD on Sprectrum Cable, when others are. Ask their enginerring team in Santa Monica to contact Spectrum, which will get a higher escalation priority. But let Spectrum have a solid two weeks to see what happens.

Satch

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,314 Contributor
    Nov 24, 2021

Follow up for @Joey1986 ,

You are encouraged to have your neighbors and friends report that they are having the same issue, by having them register at the forum and posting this information here.

Satch