Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

101H running ODN bricked?

terabitzterabitz Posts: 4 Spectator
in TV Equipment Nov 28, 2021

Turned on my 101H box running ODN this afternoon and saw that it wanted me to activate it. When I called the number and went through the activation signal process, nothing happened. Curiosity enough, I pulled up the box diagnostics menu and saw that it was in brick mode.

Is there any way I can get this fixed this, shy of having a truck roll or exchanging the box?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• terabitzterabitz Posts: 4 Spectator
    Dec 03, 2021 Accepted Answer

Not sure if you guys did anything on your end but I checked the box last night and it was back to functioning as normal. I did not call Spectrum at all.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,384 Contributor
    Nov 29, 2021

Hello,

Have you powered off everything and unplugged the box for one minute. Plug it back in and allowed it to reboot?

Satch

• terabitzterabitz Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited November 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Yes I have, Satch. I've tried everything from refreshing the box in the Activation Portal to calling Spectrum and having their system send the activation signal, to unplugging it and plugging it back in after one minute, all with no dice.

I'm leaning on box went bad, but I'll let it sit overnight to see if anything changes.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,384 Contributor
    Nov 29, 2021

Sup @terabitz?

Generally, the World Boxes run the new Spectrum Guide not the older ODN Navigator. Spectrum has been updating boxes to the new guide very gradually over the past several months and into next year. Your Humax (101-H) box may have tried to update to Spectrum Guide overnight and the update failed.

A lot of times the boxes have built in measures to guard against failed updates by reverting back to the old Operating System, but updates can still fail causing boxes to go bad. When you get this fixed, call Spectrum for a CATV service credit for the number of days your box was dead. Allow up to 10 business days for the credit to show on your account. I would get a tech out rather than go to the office to swap the box just to make sure your lines and signals are OK. Keep us posted!

Satch

This discussion has been closed.