Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Is the Cell Phone Network Having Issues?

RadicatorRadicator Posts: 4 Spectator
edited January 13 in Spectrum Mobile Dec 05, 2021

I am unable to understand anyone that I call or when someone calls me. The voice is severely broken up, but they can hear me fine on their end. Is there something wrong with the network? I have a fairly new phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy S21+.

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 254 Moderator
    Dec 05, 2021

Hi @Radicator

I looked into things using the account information that you used to register for the forums and we are not aware of any widespread issues with the cell service in the area. Are you noticing the issues when using both WiFi calling and the cell data to call?

• RadicatorRadicator Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited December 2021 Dec 05, 2021

I tried using WiFi calling, but it would never switch over to it. Even when I changed the roaming setting. My signal also fluctuates and even is no signal at times. I was able to use someone else's phone and call support, but they were unable to solve the issue. To me it is like there is an issue with my local Cell Tower. Also, some of my texts come back as unsent.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 247 Moderator
    Dec 05, 2021

Have you tried turning off your device, removing and reinserting the SIM card, and turning back on?

If that does not help I recommend trying to reset your devices network settings.

• RadicatorRadicator Posts: 4 Spectator
    Dec 05, 2021

I have already tried those suggestions earlier and they did not work. I did check my phone just now and it is mysteriously seeming to work now. I do have one complaint. When someones equipment is working normally and it is fairly new, customer service should not suggest that there is a problem with the phone itself until all other problems have been eliminated. Obviously there was a problem on their end, even though they were not aware if it. This seems to be a common theme when calling Spectrum. They want to troubleshoot your equipment as a first step, even when the issue usually ends up being on their end. There should be a quick way to report a problem, and a response should be sent back to the person reporting about any outage or service issue. If there is not reported issues after 15 to 30 minutes, then equipment troubleshooting can be performed.

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 405 Moderator
    Dec 05, 2021

Thank you for the update @Radicator. I am sorry that the steps did not work when you tried them previously. If there is an outage you can see this information by launching the My Account app or through troubleshooting. I will certainly pass along your feedback regarding your experience. If you do experience any further trouble please PM your security code associated with the account or the last four digits of the credit card number on file so that we can verify the account and look any issues further.

This discussion has been closed.