Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Are Spectrum DNSs failing?

Steve300Steve300 Posts: 7 Spectator
edited January 13 in Connectivity Dec 09, 2021

For the last year all of our devices, Windows and Android, have been seeing frequent DNS errors. In addition they appear on my router log. Is anyone looking at this problem?

I can work around these failures by setting up different public DNS pairs in the Windows PCs, its not difficult. Android (11) is problematic in that it has no convenient place to do this. You can put a DNS server name in the Android config but it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.

Note, my Spectrum router (Sagem) doesn't have an option to specify the DNS.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 435 Moderator
    Dec 09, 2021

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for the connection issues that you're having. I am not aware of any DNS issues going on in your area. Our router should have the ability to modify the DNS right from within the interface. I would like to send you a PM so you can take some screenshots of what you're seeing and send them over.

Paul_B

• Steve300Steve300 Posts: 7 Spectator
    Dec 09, 2021

I did see numerous other community entries about Spectrum DNS failures so it does seem to be a problem. I sent you my router screen in a separate message.

This discussion has been closed.