Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

What are Spectrum policies for loss of equipment due to a natural disaster?

SatchSatch Posts: 4,384 Contributor
edited January 13 in Managing & Using your Spectrum Account Dec 15, 2021

Guys,

My heart is breaking for all of the communities affected by the devastation of the tornadoes in several states. Hope and pray that everyone can get the emergency shelter, food, water, and medicine they need. Kudos to the amazing Spectrum Techs who are working so hard to help in these communities! Thank you!

Many people may be wondering, what happens if equipment is lost due to a national tragedy like this? And who should those affected contact? Years ago, I heard that people could contact their insurance companies and Spectrum would cover the cost of the equipment writing it off as a business loss due to an "Act of God."

But my question what resources should people take, or can they pursue if they lose technology for events not caused by them? Again, thank you so much for all your efforts, and hope that those impacted can work toward a recovery effort as best they can in these trying times.

Peace,

Satch

Best Answer

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,190 ADMIN
    edited December 2021 Dec 16, 2021

@toolman1990 asked

@James_M For some clarification on the no charges for damaged equipment in the affected area, does that apply to equipment that was lost during the storm that is unable to be returned due to the customer not being able to locate it?

Yes, we also have a process for equipment that is lost or destroyed due to a declared severe weather event or natural disaster.

This discussion has been closed.