Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Channel 231 shows up in the Spectrum mobile app, but my cable tuner says channel is unauthorized

slylockslylock Posts: 3 Spectator
edited January 13 in Channels & Programming Dec 15, 2021

Channel 231 shows up for me in the Spectrum mobile app, but does not appear on my printed channel lineup dated July 2021, and my cable tuner tells me I am unauthorized for the channel. Customer support phone agents tell me yes, I should get the channel, because it is in the "Spectrum Select" package for my area. Several technicians have been to the house. The last one talked to his "DOJ" service desk, and they told him I do not get the channel. I put the technician on the phnoe with customer service, which resulted in nothing.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,396 Contributor
    Dec 15, 2021

Welcome to the Community @slylock!

To help investigate, what is the channel that you are not receving and the zip code for your service area? Are you in an area affected by the tornadoes? This will impact service. Generally, if you are subscribed to the package that carries the station, you should be getting that station on all devices.

Satch

• slylockslylock Posts: 3 Spectator
    Dec 15, 2021

Channel 231 is ACC Network. Zip code is 63119. The issue began in October, so it is not tornado related

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,200 ADMIN
    Dec 15, 2021

Hi @slylock

Sorry for any confusion, looking at the Spectrum Chanel Lineup for your area, ACC Network is not part of the Spectrum Select package. I'm not sure why the channel was available on the mobile app, but I will pass it along to the mobile team. Thanks!

• slylockslylock Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited December 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Thanks @James_M . Please note that customer service also insists that I should be getting the channel. Here is a summary of the problem:

These sources say I SHOULD get the channel:

1. customer service
    2. Spectrum TV app
    3. my cable tuner in July (I definitely got the channel in July)

These sources say I DO NOT get the channel:

1. website channel listing
    2. printed channel listing
    3. field technicians and their "DOJ" service desk
    4. my cable tuner today

I am wondering if anyone in the company can fix the mismatch between the two or more systems that don't agree here, or if it's hopeless.

This discussion has been closed.