Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Firmware for SBG8300

Goat45Goat45 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 21 in Home Networking Dec 25, 2021

What is the current firmware that is pushed by Spectrum for the SBG8300?

currently, I am still running the one that came from the factory

"AR01.01.139_050119_701.NCS.10"

After repeated calls to Arris, they said that they have sent out a new Firmware to ISP's last year.

also on their website it states "DOCSIS standards dictate that the service provider must distribute firmware updates to cable modem devices. The end-user cannot simply install an update like most other network-enabled devices.

CommScope develops the software update and makes it available to service providers. The service providers qualify, test, and distribute the software update to devices on their network. CommScope has limited control or visibility on distribution by the service providers."

I am having repeated dropped VOIP from an interference with the SIP ALG being active and the ONLY way to disable it is by clicking a box in the Gateway, which I am unable to do because of the outdated Firmware.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 435 Moderator
    Dec 25, 2021

Hello @Goat45 and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

We would automatically push out any updated firmware that we receive from Arris that has been tested for use on our network. Each provider would generally have unique firmware for the modems that is compatible with their network. As it stands for the Spectrum network, it looks like you have the latest firmware that is designed for our network.

What type of VOIP are you using? When you notice the drops, are you noticing if the Internet goes out as well?

Paul_B

This discussion has been closed.