Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Accessing channels at home using the Spectrum TV app without Spectrum Internet (on TCL Roku TV)

cdwsportscdwsports Posts: 2 Spectator
edited December 2021 in Channels & Programming Dec 26, 2021

We have began our subscription recently. We are not having any issues using the HD box which was installed by a Spectrum technician. The problem I'm having is that when using the Spectrum TV app on our TCL Roku TV(7108X)(TCL Model: 55C807); we are not able to access some of the channels we can access through the HD box. We also receive a message when initially viewing channels we do access which says, "Connect to your home Spectrum Internet for full access". We do not have Spectrum Internet, but rather AT&T. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 31 Moderator
    Dec 27, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello @cdwsports.

The streaming app does require connection to Spectrum internet for full channel line up access. For customers that subscribe to TV service only we will provide a specialized modem to use at no charge to ensure access to your channel line up. If you would like to contact us directly (1-855-707-7328) our customer service team would be happy to set up the modem access for you as well.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,384 Contributor
    Dec 26, 2021

Hello @cdwsports!

Welcome to the Forum! Some questions:

1.) What is your subscription TV package level with Spectrum?

2.) How long has the box been installed? It can take between 48-72 hours for channels on the box to sync with remote services.

3.) What specific channels are you not receiving on the Roku?

4.) Have you rebooted the Roku?

5.) What is your zip code, so that Spectrum can see if there are open tickets on this issue for your area?

Satch

• cdwsportscdwsports Posts: 2 Spectator
    Dec 28, 2021

Thanks so much for both responses.

To Heather_T : The specialized modem sounds great!!! I look forward to receiving that and will save the contact number as well.

To Satch:

1.) What is your subscription TV package level with Spectrum?

TV Select with the HD Box(DCX3200MRF)

2.) How long has the box been installed? It can take between 48-72 hours for channels on the box to sync with remote services.

Philip(Spectrum technician) installed and activated the service on 12/23/2021

3.) What specific channels are you not receiving on the Roku?

All of the local(antenna accessible) with the exception of KSDK(NBC-Channel 5). And several other "non-local" channels(MLB, etc.)

4.) Have you rebooted the Roku?

Yes, at least 3 times

5.) What is your zip code, so that Spectrum can see if there are open tickets on this issue for your area?

63021(Manchester, MO)

• MisterGinMNMisterGinMN Posts: 6 Spectator
    Jan 12, 2022

I have a similar situation where my internet is provided by Spectrum but it is billed separately on a corporate account. My TV is billed to me directly. When I called the Customer Service told me that there is no other option. This doesn't seem to be fair in that there is nothing on your site that says internet must be on the same Spectrum account - or even that you have to have Spectrum internet to get all the channels on the app.

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 182 Moderator
    edited January 12 Jan 12, 2022

Hello @MisterGinMN ,

Your TV service and internet service do have to be on the same account unless you have the specialized modem Heather mentioned above. I apologize that the agent you spoke with earlier probably wasn't aware of that option. Just call us at (1-855-707-7328)  and speak with a billing phone agent to see how to get a Spectrum TV streaming (only) modem.

Welcome to the Spectrum Community!

Randy

Jan 15, 2022

i called the number above an told them that I was recommended to have a “Spectrum TV streaming (only) modem”. The customer service person had no clue what I was talking about after I explained my situation. I was advised to go to the closest Spectrum store and ask for one there. I did just that. Spoke with two gentlemen there and both indicated they only had Docsis 3.1 internet modems. One of them thought he heard of something else but it was only in the south that it was used. At this point, can you give me a specific model of equipment that I need to ask for? This is becoming very frustrating and I feel like I was sold something that clearly isn’t going to work when everyone knew my situation.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 138 Moderator
    Jan 15, 2022

Hello @MisterGinMN

I apologize for any confusion. The modem would be our standard DOCSIS 3.1 modem, we would just add codes to the modem to allow you to watch the Spectrum TV app or visit the site to watch on a computer without receiving the Out of Home message. Though if your devices are using a wireless connection, you would need to provide a router to use with the system. If you'd like, we can private message you for your account information and request that a modem be mailed out to you so that you do not have to visit the local store again.

Jan 15, 2022

The modem I currently have is an Arris TM1602A. Will that work or do I need a different one? PM me is fine!

• Community_HelpCommunity_Help Posts: 17 Moderator
    edited January 18 Jan 17, 2022

You can find the supported devices on our support website at Supported Modems/Routers/Wireless Extenders

Yesterday 1:46pm

This doesn’t tell me anything.

Yesterday 1:48pm

I just wish someone at Spectrum could tell me how I can get what I need. All I get from people on the phone and the store is a run-a-round.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,190 ADMIN
    edited January 18 Yesterday 3:02pm

Is the Arris TM1602A modem the modem currently used for the separate internet service? Also, is the "corporate account" a community internet account or is it internet service that is provided to you by an employer?

Today

the internet is provided by my employer. The Arris modem is for the service provided by my employer.