Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How to get AntennaTV back in the Tampa Bay area?

gatito761gatito761 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 21 in Channels & Programming Dec 27, 2021

OK I am very disappointed, in late May early June, 2021 AntennaTV Channel 610 fell off Spectrum in Manatee County Florida. Found out the broadcaster WTSP sold the channel. Contacted AntennaTV and said that it would be back September 1st in Tampa Bay. WFLA bought the broadcasting rights for AntennaTV. September 1st came and Comcast, Frontier, and Over the Air, AntennaTV was back, but not on Spectrum. I called today and the young lady told me there was nothing that could be done. How can this issue be elevated so the channel can be added back to Spectrum Tampa Bay? It is part of basic cable plan. I really wish these channels/broadcasters would simply bypass the cable providers and stream their contents directly to the consumer. If anyone has any suggestions or anwers it would greatly be appreciated. I know I still have MeTV, but it's not nearly as good as AntennaTV.

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,396 Contributor
    Dec 27, 2021 Accepted Answer

Welcome to the Spectrum Community @gatito761!

The way it works is that Spectrum can only get the rights to a channel. They have no control of the programing for that channel. Antenna TV is a network sub-channel, which is owned by Nexstar Media Group in the Tampa Bay Florida Market.

This is the department you need to contact:

Nexstar Media Group-Media Contact

Gary Weitman

EVP & Chief Communications Officer

312-222-3394 (office)

[email protected]

Note the email address above here.

Here is their Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/NXSTMediaGroup

You need to contact them, noting that you are in Tampa Bay Florida, and would like to see Antenna TV restored to your Spectrum Cable line up. Get friends and neighbors to do the same. You have to get Nexstar Media to see that there is an interest in Antenna TV in your market. (Provide your zip code to them.) The more that do this, the better. Nexstar than reaches out to Spectrum to work out a carriage contract to add the channel to your Tampa Bay, Florida line up.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.