Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

No Record Option on Roku (Yes, I have DVR plus)

TerryOregonTerryOregon Posts: 10 Spectator
edited December 2021 in Spectrum TV for Roku Devices Dec 29, 2021

However, if I go to my Spectrum account (to watch TV) on my desktop computer, the option to record is there. Also, if I access the Spectrum App on my iPhone, the record option is there. Yes, I have DVR plus. I was able to record on Roku a couple of weeks ago. But not today.

Why would this be an issue on Roku only? I'm aware Roku and Spectrum had contract issues a few months ago. Wasn't that resolved?

Per the photo, the record option SHOULD be there.

One more thing, when I logged into my Spectrum account, I got this:

"We're sorry, an intermittent issue is interrupting TV services in your area". I'm not seeing any issues at my home. Could this cause recording issues with Roku only?

And I've tried un-installing the app on Roku, then re-installing. No change.

Accepted Answers

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,190 ADMIN
    Dec 29, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi!

When you say "DVR Plus", do you mean CloudDVR Plus, or a standard DVR? Standard DVR can be managed online from the app on desktop browsers or mobile devices. Roku does not sync with standard DVRs. Only CloudDVR can be managed with Roku.

James

Dec 29, 2021 Accepted Answer

Thanks. I was able to locate your account with your registration information, and based on the screen shot you provided, you have standard DVR service. CloudDVR is identified as "cloud" (see example below).

The Spectrum TV app allows you to manage the DVR, including adding recordings, using the desktop browser or mobile devices. DVR management is not supported on Roku.

edited December 2021 Dec 29, 2021 Accepted Answer

You can add cloudDVR to an existing account. However, you will lose the ability to manage the set top box standard DVR from the tv app. You will only be able to record on the standard DVR using the remote control. On the other hand, you will be able to access cloud DVR from any mobile device with the app, and you will be able to access cloudDVR recordings while you are away from home.

Here is a link to some additional FAQ's for Cloud DVR

Replies

• TerryOregonTerryOregon Posts: 10 Spectator
    Dec 29, 2021

I believe it's CloudDVR Plus. Below is what's on my account. I assume if I can access the Spectrum app on my iPhone (with the record option), it should also be on Roku?

Dec 29, 2021

Can you check to see if Cloud DVR is eligible to be added to my account without changing my overall package? I don't see a way to do this from my account. If I can easily add it, I will call customer service. Looks like it's $5 or $10 dollars/month depending on whether it's plus or not.

Terry

Dec 29, 2021

Great, I don't need to manage the set-top box remotely. Rather, I'm looking for a way to get around the limitations of a two-tuner box.

edited December 2021 Dec 31, 2021

"You can add cloudDVR to an existing account. However, you will lose the ability to manage the set top box standard DVR from the tv app"

Well, after speaking to customer service (twice), it turns out the system won't allow both a DVR set-top box AND cloudDRV plus.

Does this sound accurate? Does anyone have a DRV box (hard drive) AND cloudDRV?

This would explain why I never saw this option when I signed up a few weeks ago.

Jan 03, 2022

Sorry for the delay. I had to do a little digging, and since you have more than one DVR already, adding cloudDVR is considered multi DVR service. I am not sure how it would impact your current pricing plan. If you would like us to have someone contact you, please let me know so we can reach out in a private message and gather some additional information.

Thanks!

edited January 3 Jan 03, 2022

"since you have more than one DVR already"

I have only one DVR set-top box (with hard drive). Is something else considered DVR?

I suspect (from a marketing standpoint) that both a DVR set-top box and cloudDVR would be a bit confusing to the average user - recordings going to two different places that are only viewable on one or the other.

Jan 03, 2022

Sorry for any confusion. From the image posted, it looked like you had a DVR and a second set top box receiver. As an alternate to calling in, have you tried stopping at a local store to discuss adding the cloudDVR?

Jan 03, 2022

Yes, I will drop by someday and ask.

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 111 Contributor
    Jan 09, 2022

TerryOregon, please kindly let us know what happens.