Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Arris SBG7600AC2 not fetching ipv6 address

klamklam Posts: 2 Spectator
edited January 3 in Connectivity Jan 01, 2022

For some reason, my SBG7600AC2 modem isn't receiving a ipv6 address from spectrum even though I have it enabled in settings. My old Motorola MG7550 was able to get an ipv6 address before crapping out. Any advice on how I can get ipv6 enabled because Arris says it's spectrums fault and spectrum says it's arris's fault. The box says it supports ipv6 and I know spectrum can do ipv6. I'm not sure why it's not fetching.

Tagged:

Accepted Answers

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 435 Moderator
    Jan 01, 2022 Accepted Answer

Hello @klam and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I am going to send you a PM to gather some account information so we can take a closer look at the modem and account to try to determine what might be going on here.

Thank you.

Paul_B

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,200 ADMIN
    Jan 03, 2022 Accepted Answer

@klam

Spectrum currently uses a dual stack networking approach that combines both IPv4 and IPv6. IP addresses are assigned dynamically, so they do change over time. Assignment is random and we are unable to influence the type of IP address assigned.

Thanks for the question!

Replies

• klamklam Posts: 2 Spectator
    Jan 03, 2022

@James_M

I do understand this but I still believe the configuration is wrong because I was never assigned an ipv6 before in the one year I have owned this device. On the other hand, my old modem got an ipv6 address on the first day and keeps an ipv6 address for a long time. Can this be something you can investigate?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,200 ADMIN
    edited January 3 Jan 03, 2022

IP assignment is randomized. Is your internet otherwise working correctly? Is there some specific issue you are trying to address?