Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How do I move Spectrum installed equipment?

kindkatzkindkatz Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 3 in Home Networking Jan 02, 2022

Can I run my spectrum modem on any of these coax cables coming out of box in closet?

This is the box both at&t and spectrum went to install service. I want to move my modem and router from my desk to the same room closet.

Best Answer

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 37 Moderator
    Jan 03, 2022 Accepted Answer

Hello @kindkatz. Welcome to the Community!

It's generally not recommended to run the modem off a splitter, especially a multi splitter because of the potential signal loss which can cause connection issues with your modem. It's best to contact us at 1-855-707-7328 and have a technician come out to re-route the modem line or install a separate line for the modem altogether to ensure you're getting the best connection.