Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Problem with nc.rr.com email sending on ATT Internet

ptwmsonptwmson Posts: 3 Spectator
edited January 5 in Email Jan 05, 2022

I get this error when trying to SEND from PC Outlook 2010 client. Doesn't make any difference where I try to send to. I can RECEIVE without error/problem. This problem does not occur when when connected to Spectrum Internet - I have both ATT and Spectrum Internet

this is the error msg reported by Outlook 2010 client on my PC

Task '[email protected] - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 p-impout002.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 68.89.XX.YY blocked. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#Out-1130'

Note: 68.89.XX.YY is the public ATT address my service sends from

I see same problem trying to send via iPhone 11 iOS 15.x to ATT wireless

Currently Spectrum and ATT support are in a finger pointing circle of 2.

Any ideas as to the issue?

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,190 ADMIN
    Jan 05, 2022 Accepted Answer

Hi and welcome!

AUP#Out-1130 is an Acceptable Use Policy violation. Simply put, there is an issue with the IP address 68.89.xx.xx. The issue is usually that the IP address has been reported or identified for spam, or the reverse DNS record is incorrect or missing. Since you do not get the error on Spectrum internet, then your Spectrum services and email are working correctly. You identified that IP 68.89.xx.xx is an AT&T address, so only AT&T would be able to address the issue with the IP address.

Thanks for the question!

Replies

• ptwmsonptwmson Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jan 05, 2022

Thanks James_M I've posted your reply on the ATT forum and asked a monitoring ATT employee to address the problem.

• ptwmsonptwmson Posts: 3 Spectator
    Jan 06, 2022

Long story short - I have canceled the ATT service

ATT could not offer a solution to my issue after 9+ hours of phone support

Gmail seems to be the solution going forward