Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum gave me a SAC2V2S router, how do I give it back?

BenBBenB Posts: 1 Newcomer
in Connectivity Jan 08, 2022

I don't know Why I'm paying for Internet service? I can't use half my devices I can't choose between 2G and 5G. My devices that only work on 2G will not connect to my Wi-Fi router. I need a different router brand and model than this one, you cannot program anything in it. All you can do is use the app and it's like you're in kindergarten for Internet users what's the point? Is there a different router I can get? One I can log into in my browser and actually set up the way I want? If not then I will be looking into other providers.

Best Answer

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 53 Moderator
    Jan 08, 2022 Accepted Answer

Hi @BenB! Welcome to our community. The new routers are simplified, they broadcast both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks under the same name and switches your devices between them depending on which network is providing the strongest signal. Adjustable settings on these routers are limited, you can return or exchange yours at any Spectrum store but they may not have different models to provide. If you are looking to have full control over the router I would recommend purchasing and using your own.