Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Best Setting for Apple TV with Spectrum App

smc048smc048 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having a terrible problem with all of my Apple TVs that have the spectrum app on them. While watching any channel the picture will go from HD to SD to freezing to buffering. it's not any particular channel at all. I also have a Samsung tv with the spectrum app on it (same issues). My current speed is over 400 Mbps so the speed is not an issue. I have ensured that my Apple TVs have the most current OS on them and that the spectrum app is the latest version as well.

I have been dealing with the terrible picture and have contacted support many times about this problem. They eventually tell me to contact Apple (which I have done) and Apple says they don't know anything about the spectrum app and can't help me. So getting the run-around from spectrum on this matter.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I would really appreciate it!

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 182 Moderator
    Jan 12, 2022

Good afternoon and welcome to the Spectrum Community @smc048 ! So sorry to hear of the stuttering streams and ongoing issues with them. I'd be glad to help.

With your login information I was able to pull up your equipment. I do see where the bitrate is failing to meet threshold every so often and that always points to some sort of interference or equipment issues. I also notice timeouts (modem) and a couple of other red flags in the system logs.

All of that said, I have just a few questions.

How are the various Apple TV's connecting to the Internet? Specifically, are they going through the extenders for the wifi or directly through the modem's wifi or hardwired into the modem (Ethernet). I also noticed the modem has been online for seven days, when you reboot the modem is there any improvement? Even for a short while?

We will get to the bottom of this and thank you for the opportunity to do so.

Randy