Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

what 802.11AC version does the Spectrum router support?

steveymacjr1steveymacjr1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
in Home Networking Jan 14, 2022

I have the Spectrum provided Wave 6 Router with model number SAX1V1R, and just upgraded to the Spectrum Gig service. While ethernet connected computers are getting the advertised speed, my wifi connected devices are topping out at 650mbps.

Does anyone know which version of 802.11AC this router supports? my network adapter supports 802.11 AC1200mbps, but I cannot find any information on the Sercomm brand.

THanks!

Stephen

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 53 Moderator
    edited January 15 Jan 15, 2022

Hi @steveymacjr1, welcome to our community!

That router is 802.11AX, you should be able to get close to full speed. Are you testing while next to the router? Do you have any electronics near the router you can move away? If anything has wireless capabilities such as a wireless printer, cordless phone, etc that should not be close to the router. If there is anything between you and the router, especially if it has metal, water, or reflective surfaces, move that out of the way as well.