Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

DVR or Cloud

DcamarraDcamarra Posts: 3 Spectator
in Cloud DVR Jan 14, 2022

So for those that have the Cloud and have had the DVR box which one do you prefer? I'm thinking about making the switch to the Cloud but have some trepidation about it. Nothing else they have work's with no problems so I'm thinking why should the cloud. I do like the idea of watching my DVR from my office computer etc.

Thanks

Dave

Best Answer

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 182 Moderator
    Jan 14, 2022 Accepted Answer

Good evening and welcome to the Spectrum Community @Dcamarra!

I am sorry to hear of your experiences with our services having issues so if you ever need technical support or have billing questions, we have a ton of categories here where you can post the related issues and get help.

As for the question at hand. I know you might expect glowing reviews about cDVR from a Spectrum employee... well, I actually do love it. I love it specifically for the reason I can watch it on our huge Samsung Smart TV in the living room, our Roku TV in the bedroom, over the web when I am bored at my family's house :), and even on my phone when my little nuclear family has hijacked the TV's.

It has had some buffering on the Samsung and not the Roku which was odd at first because it is actually connected via Ethernet but it turns out it was the Samsung OS update. I rebooted it like a computer and it worked fine. Honestly, that has been the only aggravating moment I have had with it since I got it about 3 months ago.

From my job standpoint, the app is so much better than four years ago when I started here but even now, if there is an issue with cDVR, we will be sure to help get it resolved.

Of course the regular DVR is still pretty awesome but being able to stream from compatible devices, anywhere, is a huge plus.

Again, welcome!

Randy