Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

How can an unknown phone number show as an outgoing call from my landline?

dkr102030dkr102030 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited March 9 in Digital Phone Feb 03, 2022

This morning we had about 15 spam calls in a period of an hour. In looking at the phone log on my account it shows an unknown phone number listed as the outgoing number. We made no outgoing calls while all of these spam calls were made. The outgoing calls lasted for a minute or longer.

How can this be?? I did go in and block all of the suspicious numbers.

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 454 Moderator
    Feb 04, 2022

Hi @dkr102030 , welcome to our community!

It's very unusual that you received these calls but the call log is showing them as outgoing. Are these calls showing as billable calls with a charge next to them? What do they show for call type?

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,770 Contributor
    Feb 11, 2022

I would suspect Caller ID spoofing,

My recommendation would be to go into Spectrum's Voice Zone Settings to review your Caller Privacy Settings. Additionally, check that both Call Guard Settings are activated.

Activate Nomorobo, It still works with Spectrum Voice, and will drop calls after the first ring so that they can't leave a message on your machine. You will see the number on Caller ID on TV if you have Spectrum Cable TV with a Spectrum box, but the caller can't leave a message, I have combined the use of Spectrum Call Guard with Nomorobo. It works great! Here is how to activate Nomorobo:

Finally, report problematic callers that Call Guard is missing here:

Satch

This discussion has been closed.