Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Software for Fast 5260 Spectrum router

MikeFu313MikeFu313 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited April 5 in Connectivity Mar 01, 2022

Hello,

Does anyone know the lastest version of software/firmware for Spectrum Fast 5260 router? Also, where does one even get the software to install?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Mar 01, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi and welcome!

When firmware updates are released, they are first tested on our network by our engineers before they are pushed to the equipment. Once the update is approved for our network the updates are pushed automatically. Restarting your equipment should ensure that you have the most current version available.

Replies

• MikeFu313MikeFu313 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 02, 2022

Hey James,

Thanks! I noticed on the menu there is an upgrade option but it shows a manual upload of a file. Is that just a manual option?

By the way, we have software version SG9C12007K_prod. Is that the latest?

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 114 Moderator
    Mar 03, 2022

Hi @MikeFu313.

I did take a look at your equipment based on your registration information and yes, your current firmware is up to date.

• MikeFu313MikeFu313 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 03, 2022

Based on our registration information, do we qualify for upgraded equipment?

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 482 Moderator
    Mar 03, 2022

I took a look at this and I do see that the modem and router that you do have are a little bit older. If you did want to swap those out, you can certainly do so. You would need to bring the devices and their power cords to the local Spectrum store to swap those. It should be noted that there would not be any distinct advantage to getting newer equipment unless you were planning on upgrading your Internet speeds.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Paul_B

This discussion has been closed.