Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Unable to bond multiple channels, Tech says everything is ok with lines

VoicedChimpVoicedChimp Posts: 2 Spectator
edited April 19 in Connectivity Mar 02, 2022

Just moved into a new build house in an old neighborhood, initial install required running a new line from the street. I have been unable to bond with multiple channels, mostly the upstreams. I just had a tech out, he checked the wires in the house and said most of them are a bit noisy. He moved the connection to the best one. The issue is still here. The internet works well most of the time with some intermittent, short drops in speed/connection mostly on the upload side. I have connected three modems, all of them show the same issues. Not sure where to go from here.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Mar 02, 2022

Hi and Welcome!

What is the subscribed speed? Do you have any splitters in use? The dropping may be a separate issue, when the connection drops is it on a wireless or wired connection?

• VoicedChimpVoicedChimp Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited March 2 Mar 02, 2022

It’s 1gb down, I can’t see any advertised upload speed. I get 40mb up at best but often it’s in the 20’s sometimes worse. Downloads range from 600mb to 1.2gb. There is one splitter, installed during the original hook up. I have a power outlet outside by the communication box and was able to connect directly to the main cable coming in from the street, the locking issue didn’t change in the 30min or so I was able to leave the equipment outside.

Edit: The connection issues may be more related to latency, lasting less than 30 seconds most of the time. Happens on wired and wireless connections.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Mar 02, 2022

Thanks for the reply. The standard up speed for 1Gb service is 40Mbps, so it sounds like you are getting the correct speeds consistently. The signal levels from the logs look solid. Next steps I'd suggest are to try bypassing the splitter and test again, as well as checking all connections and reseating the coax, making sure they are thumb tight. After that, if the issue remains then I'd suggest another tech visit to follow up with the noise issue the last tech mentioned. Let us know if any of those steps help, and if you need assistance setting up a service call, let us know.

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,282 Contributor
    Mar 24, 2022

A service tech can view the signal levels into and out of the modem and the inbound packet data errors to determine whether installing a line amplifier or replacing the cable drop might help (or make things worse). .

HINT: If you have cable jacks mounted on wall plates, check the BACK sides for loose connectors! You'll need a 7/16" wrench to tighten them up snug.

This discussion has been closed.