Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How to connect to AWS via SSH

XanstaXansta Posts: 3 Spectator
edited April 19 in Connectivity Mar 11, 2022

I recently switched from AT&T to Spectrum. With my AT&T internet service, I was able to create an Amazon Web Service (AWS) instance and connect to it via a command line. For example:

ssh -i keyFile.pem [email protected]<aws ip address>

With Spectrum service, I cannot connect to the same AWS instance I created before. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Mar 14, 2022

Hi and welcome!

Have you tried creating a new instance?

• XanstaXansta Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 14, 2022

I did. I usually only run an instance for about 3 hours, then bring it down.

• XanstaXansta Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 17, 2022

I figured out what I was doing wrong. My AWS instance had a security constraint tied to my AT&T IP address.

Thanks for your help

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 296 Moderator
    Mar 17, 2022

That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to update us. Post any time you need help with technical issues or account questions. We have plenty of categories where you can find help.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Randy

This discussion has been closed.