Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why aren’t the webmail filters staying saved

Bobberz71Bobberz71 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited April 19 in Email Mar 19, 2022

All my filters got deleted. I create a new one and once I exit the settings and go back they are gone. Very annoying as I use these to block a ton of garbage I get. Please help!

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 257 Moderator
    edited March 20 Mar 20, 2022

Hi @Bobberz71! Welcome to our community.

When you are adding the filter do you see a green banner across the top of the page that says "Info: Filters Saved" or a red banner with an error message?

• Bobberz71Bobberz71 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 21, 2022

Hi. Thanks for getting back. I’m not sure what was happening as I was looking at it on my phone. I started to get all this junk mail again and then realized that the filters I set up previously…months ago were gone. I tried to create new ones and every time I logged out and came back they weren’t there. It seems ok now in that the most recent filter I created a couple days ago appears to be still active. It doesn’t explain though why my original filters mysteriously vanished.

fyi for those wishing to stop getting spam where your email doesn’t show up on the “to” list…they are probably adding you in as a blind or undisclosed recipient. I created a filter called “not me” and set it to be: if “to” does not contain my address AND if “cc” does not contain my address then send it to either junk mail or delete it. This way I only get emails to my in box where my actual address is on the to or cc list. Works well!!! Bob

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 296 Moderator
    Mar 21, 2022

Hi @Bobberz71 !

Thanks for that very helpful tip on blocking spam. I am sorry the filters disappeared and that is strange. To kind of echo William_M, do you remember any error messages (or any messages) popping up on the screen when you went to save the filters the time you added them again and they disappeared?

Randy

• Bobberz71Bobberz71 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 21, 2022

Hi. I do not recall seeing any error banners or messages that would alert me to anything unusual. Bob

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 115 Moderator
    Mar 22, 2022

Thank you @Bobberz71. That is definitely strange for sure. I'm glad to hear the most recent filters are still enabled and again, my apologies that the previous filters were disabled for some reason. If you do notice any issues with the filters again please let us know.

Heather

This discussion has been closed.