Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why is the upgraded modem/router worse than the old one?

Stripp69Stripp69 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 3 in Connectivity Apr 06, 2022

I have the new modem and router that was required to replace my old one but the connectivity and wifi is so much worse. The fire sticks and fire tv consistently shows bandwidth is low and I have to restart and reconnect multiple times and even then it only works sometimes. And forget trying to play a PS5 and work at the same time. What can I do to improve this?

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Apr 06, 2022

Hi and welcome!

When the modem is replaced, the connected devices (including FireStick and PS5) may still be looking for the old modem as the primary connection and this can appear as an intermittent connection. Please power cycle all devices and powercycle the modem and router as well. This should refresh and improve all the connections.

Here is a link to some additional troubleshooting. If the issue continues, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.