Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Can't access My Spectrum App after update to version 10.6 on iPhone - RESOLVED

ConfuzzledConfuzzled Posts: 8 Participant
edited April 23 in My Spectrum App Apr 16, 2022

When I open MySpectrum on my iPhone, after the sign in screen I get a pop up that says there's a new mobile account number and that I can now manage my Mobile service in the MySpectrum app. It also lists the new account number.

At the bottom of the screen is a blue button that says "Dismiss". Unfortunately, no matter how many times I try clicking on "dismiss", that pop up remains there and won't let me proceed to access the app.

Any ideas??

Accepted Answers

• ConfuzzledConfuzzled Posts: 8 Participant
    Apr 22, 2022 Answer ✓

Spectrum escalated my issue to the application team. I was very impressed with their responsiveness and continued updates until my problem was solved today. Here's a slightly edited version of what they had me change:

Check your text size (in Settings -> Accessibility -> Larger Test) and try selecting a smaller font, then attempt to launch the app again. They believe that the screen is just enlarged and is blocking the learn more option and disabling the "dismiss" function. Note that if this works, you can increase the font size again after selecting "dismiss".

Hope this works for you too, @MBR

• MBRMBR Posts: 2 Spectator
    Apr 23, 2022 Answer ✓

@Confuzzled That worked. Thank you so much!

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 213 Moderator
    Apr 17, 2022

Hello @Confuzzled

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the My Spectrum app. If you log in to our website by clicking the Sign In option in the upper right corner, do you get the same pop up as you do within the app? If so, does it allow you to dismiss the notification properly on the site?

Apr 17, 2022

I believe (but can't be 100% certain) that I got that pop up when I signed onto the website last night and was able to dismiss it. When I signed onto the website now on my laptop, I no longer see the pop up.

Apr 17, 2022

I also just logged on to the website on my iPhone and don't see the popup there either. But the popup still shows on the MySpectrum app and I can't dismiss it.

Apr 17, 2022

Thank you for checking. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app already?

Apr 17, 2022

Yes, I tried that. Also restarted my phone.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 198 Moderator
    Apr 17, 2022

Do you have any other devices you can test the app on?

Apr 17, 2022

Good idea William! I installed the app on an iPad and it worked successfully. When the pop-up appeared, there were actually two buttons -- dismiss and learn more -- and I was able to click on dismiss.

I tried it again on my iPhone and I only get the "dismiss" button and there doesn't appear to be a way to scroll down to see if there's also a "learn more" button. I still can't clear it on my iPhone but we know a little bit more now.

Any other ideas??

Apr 17, 2022

Are your iPad and your iPhone running different versions of iOS by chance?

Apr 17, 2022

I just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 15.4.1 but that didn't help either.

Apr 17, 2022

They were initially on the same version (and the iPad worked and the iPhone didn't) but I upgraded my iPhone to 15.4 to see if that would help. It didn't. :(

Apr 18, 2022

Thanks for checking! We would need to escalate this issue for you. I am going to message you to get some information so that we can get that sent up.

• MBRMBR Posts: 2 Spectator
    Apr 22, 2022

Same issue here. IOS version 15.4.1. Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted phone. Issue still persists. Got the same banner when logging in on website, but was able to dismiss.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,391 ADMIN
    Apr 23, 2022

@Confuzzled

Spectrum escalated my issue to the application team. I was very impressed with their responsiveness and continued updates until my problem was solved today. Here's a slightly edited version of what they had me change:

Check your text size (in Settings -> Accessibility -> Larger Test) and try selecting a smaller font, then attempt to launch the app again. They believe that the screen is just enlarged and is blocking the learn more option and disabling the "dismiss" function. Note that if this works, you can increase the font size again after selecting "dismiss".

Thanks for posting the update and letting us know the issue is resolved, we're thrilled that we were able to help!