Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Problem with virus in my email program on android

EllsworthEllsworth Posts: 2 Spectator
edited May 24 in Email Apr 17, 2022

I can no longer send emails on my roadrunner (spectrum) account on my cellphone. I have been sending email regularly on my cellphone for years. It is a Samsung android cellphone. I am using bluemail for my email program. Every email I send has a problem with p-impout002.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net which has many problems noted over the past few years and has been deactivated. However. that email server address is added to every email I send from my cell. It is not in the original email but it must be added by a virus.

I have McAfee on my android but it never finds anything. My version of bluemail is 1.9.8.80.

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 247 Moderator
    Apr 17, 2022

Hi @Ellsworth ! Welcome to our community.

Please check to make sure you have entered the correct email server settings. It can sometimes help to completely remove the email account from your mail program and then re-add.

• EllsworthEllsworth Posts: 2 Spectator
    Apr 18, 2022

That was a good suggestion. But, it turned out that the problem was in my router. I changed the firmware in my router and the problem went away. I am not sure why the router was attacked since it was an Asus router that is usually pretty good at virus checking. Hopefully the problem will not return.

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 254 Moderator
    Apr 18, 2022

I'm glad to heat that you were able to fix the issue! That is definitely odd that it was the router causing it, but it's good know in case someone else has a similar issue, so thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.