Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why are Detroit Tigers games blacked out?

goaround1175goaround1175 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited May 24 in Channels & Programming Apr 20, 2022

I live in central Ohio and the only reason I subscribe to MLB extra innings is to watch Detroit Tigers games. I read that the Tigers have an exclusive deal with Sinclair media (Bally Sports) but that Sinclair and Charter (Spectrum) have come to an agreement to air regional sports network games. Will the Tigers games not be blacked out due to this new agreement going forward, if so when? Thanks.

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 464 Moderator
    Apr 20, 2022

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community. Regardless of any agreement with the networks and companies those are typically for the locally shown broadcasts. So if you are not local to those areas but have MLB Extra Innings you should be able to view the games regardless of any agreements.

-Tyleen

• goaround1175goaround1175 Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited April 20 Apr 20, 2022

Thanks for the reply. Anytime I attempt to watch a Detroit Tigers game the following message is on the screen, "This program is required to be blacked out in your local market on this channel." I don't live in the local market. I have been able to get Detroit Tigers games on MLB extra innings for the past three years with no issue. Is there a remedy to this? Thanks.

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 464 Moderator
    Apr 20, 2022

You're welcome. As for it being blacked out you can go to the MLB website to see if the blackout areas were updated.

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.