Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

4-Tuner DVR

dman71dman71 Posts: 24 Participant
in TV Equipment Apr 20, 2022

I currently have the select package but utilize the App for programming. If i were to add a DVR & DVR Service and place the order online, would i receive a 4-tuner or 2-tuner box. Online indicates a 4-tuner if i order online. I am in 27909.

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,523 Contributor
    edited April 22 Apr 22, 2022 Answer ✓

@dman71 ,

On line ordering is there as an option. But you are still getting the DVR from the same place. If Spectrum has information about the 4-tuners option, they should modify it because it is misleading. "Amount of DVR'ed shows that can be recorded simultaneously varies by make and model." This quoted statement needs to be driven home.

Satch

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 272 Moderator
    Apr 21, 2022

Hello @dman71 ! I just dug around on the buy flow on the website and not seeing where it is indicating a 4 tuner box if you order online. Not doubting your experience but I am reluctant to say that is true without seeing it directly. Could you provide a screenshot? You can attach it here.

Also, to be sure for sure, you could call Sales at 1-855-707-7328. I know buying online is to bypass that step :) but that's an option as well.

I personally enjoy using the cDVR (cloud) service.

Randy

Apr 21, 2022

Agree @Randy_S ,

It has always been that the boxes/DVR's are shipped to the warehouses and go on tech trucks and to Spectrum stores with a changing inventory. You don't know if you are going to get a four-tuner World Box or a two-tuner clock box.

Satch

• dman71dman71 Posts: 24 Participant
    edited April 22 Apr 22, 2022

"Record up to four shows at once and store hundreds of episodes to watch anytime. You can add DVR service to a third or fourth receiver at no additional charge."

@Randy_S I went back to the website for adding equipment and i may have read into the above statement incorrectly. I assume it means that DVR Service will allow you to record up to 4 shows. However, some customers, myself included, would immediately assume that it is referencing a DVR in itself. If that is the case, then the wording should be replaced.

• dman71dman71 Posts: 24 Participant
    edited April 22 Apr 22, 2022

@Satch , thanks to you both for your replies. If equipment only goes to warehouses for tech trucks and stores, why offer online ordering.? Anyhoo, thanks.

May 11, 2022

Hi Everyone!

I agree that the statement above needs clarity badly:

"Record up to four shows at once and store hundreds of episodes to watch anytime. You can add DVR service to a third or fourth receiver at no additional charge." Problems with it can be attributed to the following:

1.) It implies that all it takes is a CATV reciver to record shows. This is not correct. Subscrivers must have DVR service on their account, which carries an additional fee. (Some promotions may offer free DVR for a limited time.)

2.) It implies that all DVR's can record up to four shows simultaneously.

3.) It mixes up conventional cable box DVR's, which have up to a 1TB 100 hours storage capacity with Cloud DVR storage, which is different and is web-based not box-based. Here is more information about Spectrum Cloud DVR services: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/how-record-and-view-programs-cloud-dvr

@dman71 On-line ordering is provided as a convenyance option to get Spectrum equipment. But all customers will get whatever is avaliable from the warehouses and on the tech trucks. On-line ordering is an option. It won't give you better or worse equipment.

The DVR statement above should read something like this:

"Record between 2-4 shows at once (depending on box model and guide software ) using a Spectrum DVR box. Keep up with your favorite shows, movies, and series, with Spectrum DVR service.. Spectrum users who are interested in Internet-Streaming options without a box, may also pursue our Cloud DVR service options."

Note that I have not heard or seen any data from Spectrum that allows the addition of more than one DVR receiver to a customer's account for no charge. A 12-month promotion might provide free DVR service for one year, but only on a promo and only on one box.

Satch