Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Router PIN Issue

simgodflowerssimgodflowers Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 24 in Connectivity Apr 27, 2022

I just got the new Wifi 6 Router and my Windows 10 and Windows 11 laptops are asking for the Router WPS PIN for my network. All my older devices logged in correctly to the network with a password. Spectrum informs me that this router does not come with a PIN. So, any ideas on how to get the operating systems to revert to asking for a password instead of a PIN.

I have rebooted the router multiple times and tried to connect to the network while the router was powering up with no luck.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Tagged:

Replies

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 114 Moderator
    edited April 28 Apr 28, 2022

Hi @simgodflowers! Welcome to the Community.

If you open up the WiFi Network settings on either of the laptops do you see an option that says something to the effect of "Connect using a security key or password instead" or an option to change the way the device connects to the router? Some Windows devices will default to WPS but you should have the ability to manually switch that to sign in using a password.

-Heather

This discussion has been closed.