Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Unstable connection from aprox 9 pm to 2 am

KiramatzuKiramatzu Posts: 4 Spectator
edited June 7 in Connectivity May 01, 2022

Hi guys I am a computer tech but not a networking administration to be clear but i can defend myself. I have had the opportunity to work in the past for another ISP.

The situation I am having, every like 4 months i have episodes when my connection becomes unstable in the night. , What happen i notice that cannot play games they start jumping they start cutting, what we call LAG if i play in the day is perfect, but after 8 50 to 2 or 3 am is impossible, if i play a plane simulator i crash, if i play shooter i see the people teleporting sometimes i see the bullet behind me . Of course, you call spectrum they say they see all ok and of course is all ok . My speed is 120% of what i pay is not a speed issue from the node to my modem looks like all is ok , but the issues look like si after the note in the last year i have 6 techs, and always when they door refer to maintenance the issue get fiX. but the issue is AGAIN ADN AGAIN. they say is my router , but if i put a computer diretly to the modem is the same, i can't fix something that is not my equipment is not spectrum modem is posibly the node or the switch after that. the signal is perfect but the stability is not , packets are bouncing somewhere. of COurse, if you use Netflix you don't notice if you use amazon primer for streaming or youtube is working perfectly because is downloading, But if i want to use DISCORD, A GAME. ZOOM meeting or Facebook messenger call, Metalic VOICE, people don't hear me if I do an infinite ping I see each 10 pings 2 drops, I have a event monitor . notice if i doa ping to my own ip , all perfect if i dot a ping to my router perfect, but if i do a ping to outside. TIMeOUT all the way. . will be clear , my connection dont go away is not intermittent internet , is a stability ISSUE. out side my network .

Comments

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 405 Moderator
    May 02, 2022

Good Morning! I am going to send you a private message from our Community_Help handle to gather some further information regarding this issue.

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 858 Contributor
    May 02, 2022

Fuzzy images... hard to read the text (at least on the phone).

In the future, may want to copy/paste the actual text directly into to the post.

• KiramatzuKiramatzu Posts: 4 Spectator
    May 03, 2022

ok step i will check the private message RAIST5150 the message have limits and dont let me paste the info to mush caracters

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 858 Contributor
    May 03, 2022

Don't need 100 pings or a dozen tracerts to demonstrate the issue.

Can right-click in the cmd prompt window to toggle "Mark" and highlight just the relevant lines with your mouse like you would in Word or something similar. Hitting the <enter> key copies the marked text to the clipboard for pasting with a right click or CTRL-v.

This discussion has been closed.