Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Motorola DVR DCX3501MHD-DVR Defaults to Channel 1 no way to change it

CubeCube Posts: 3 Spectator
edited June 7 in Channels & Programming May 05, 2022

Within that last few weeks, Spectrum pushed an update to my DVR, and now, instead of remaining on the last channel I used, it always reverts to channel 1 when I turn it back on (the money-wasting Spectrum News Channel). From reading other posts, I had hoped a device reset might fix it. It did change the guide - and there are more guide settings now, but a default/poweron/whatever channel does NOT seem to be among them. [It lookos like iGuide to me] (On top of that, my cable/internet bill went up about 5% this month 8( - seemingly to pay for a stupid news outlet I have NO interest in).

Is there away around this idiotic "feature"?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,768 Contributor
    May 05, 2022

Hi @Cube

Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us what guide you have please by Google searching, "What Guide do I have?" Spectrum. One of the first results will be a page where you can enter your address and it will show the guide for your area. If you have I-Guide, I don't think there is a way to change a setting to where you can control the default channel when the box powers on.

Yea, everyone's bills went up this month. It is that time of year again. This is due to inflation and the constant increase of programing costs. What CATV package do you have now? You might want to call Spectrum and ask if there are any package plans for CATV that can give you a better value. Don't bash the company or service, when you call, because if you do they won't help you. Just ask nicely, if there is a less expensive plan for you to move down to in order to save money. A few years ago I dropped from the Gold Package down to the Silver Package and also dropped Cinemax, which is now Ala-carte only. That saved me money.

New Ala-Carte packages are coming out later this year for CATV. Some markets already have them. Ask if your division has them. If yours does, all the premium movie channels are going to be ala-carte if you change. Best value would be taking Spectrum Select+Entertainment View would be what I would recommend. But not all markets have the new plans yet. Here's more details about the new CATV package plans:

Let us know what happens!

Satch

• CubeCube Posts: 3 Spectator
    May 06, 2022

Yeah, it does look like the i-Guide in the photos. 8( I went onto their FB page and messaged them, and the respondent confirmed that there does not seem to be a way to change the behavior. Oh well (shrug).

This discussion has been closed.