Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Internet Service disappeared from my account

Meducare33Meducare33 Posts: 6 Spectator

I've had this trouble before and it seems to have been a billing or service code issue because we own our own cable modem (S33 - yes, it's on the list)... maybe someone can clear it up?

I log into the mobile app or spectrum.net and when I try to view my services, then "Internet", my only option is to "Add Spectrum Internet". My connection status and my equipment status are suddenly gone. When I view my "Voice" status, the MTA shows up but now says it handles my internet services.

The last successful tech did mention something about the MTA having to be listed as an internet device and, until recently, I was able to at least see the status of my "customer owned" cable modem.

I've chatted with 3 different "tech support" people already today without success. One even wanted to reset my account/password, which I highly doubt will fix the issue. Not sure what script she was using but I declined any further assistance from her.

So, if anyone can provide some info as to what terminology to use or number to call to actually get someone to fix this issue, I would truly appreciate it.

Rich

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,391 ADMIN
    May 10, 2022 Answer ✓

Thanks for the reply. This is not unusual for customers that have separate internet and voice modems, including customers that have their own modem. This is a known issue only with the app and the website, not an issue with the account itself. Our app and website teams are working on a fix, but there is not an ETA available. Just to clarify, are you asking just because the app and website are asking to "add internet", or is there another issue you are experiencing?

Regarding the uncorrectables, this is a seaprate issue impacting the upstream tx levels and would require a service call from a technician. If you would like us to assist in setting up a service call for this issue, please let us know.

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 213 Moderator
    May 08, 2022

Hello @Meducare33

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the app issues. Have you made any changes to the account recently? About how long has the S33 not been showing in the app?

• Meducare33Meducare33 Posts: 6 Spectator
    May 09, 2022

It is not only the app. It is on the spectrum.net account website too.

It was showing up as "Modem" with a generic description last month/last bill.

As I mentioned, the last time it happened a very competent tech (via phone call) was able to determine that there was an error in some code assigned because it was a customer owned modem AND that we have the MTA for voice services (only for voice).

No changes have been made to the account (that we know of).

Thank you for replying and if I can provide any further information to narrow down the issue, please just let me know.

May 09, 2022

Since the app doesn't allow screenshots, here is what the app shows when I look at my services.

Sorry for the poor quality of the image.

The online/web page version just shows a large ad giving me the option to "Add Spectrum Internet" when I view the Services / Internet tab.

Hope it sheds more light on the subject.

And yet my internet seems to be working ok.. for now..

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 387 Moderator
    May 09, 2022

Good morning! I have sent some updates on my end, can you please log out and back in and see if the equipment is now showing for you.

May 09, 2022

Thank you for your reply Steph_S.

I logged out of the app, forced stopped it, and cleared the cache.. logged back in and the same info as my picture is shown once again.

I have also flushed the cache and cookies on both Chrome and Firefox and logged back into the spectrum.net website only to find the same info as before. I've included the capture of that info as well

Thanks once again for the efforts!

edited May 9 May 09, 2022

Also, in addition to the internet service being gone, my modem error log shows repeated entries like this:

9/5/2022

08:29:046CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 2.;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

9/5/2022

08:29:286CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 2.;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I've redacted the MAC addresses but since this began to show up in the log, I've also noticed an increase in "uncorrectables" on the individual downstream channels. Also, the "system time" is always an hour off... like it's not set for the correct time zone. More info I've noticed.

I apologize if this seems "off topic", but I'm just trying to figure out why things have gone wacky over the past few weeks.

Thanks again.

edited May 11 May 11, 2022

Thank you James_M for that info.

That info would also be a great tidbit for all the CSR's that chat with customers! I say that because I don't believe they are aware of such a "known issue" which was evident in my past 4 chat sessions with both billing and tech support reps. Maybe add that to their "cut/paste responses"? 😏

The other thing that the known issue creates is the LACK of ability to upgrade the internet speed if the customer desired. This is what caused us to find the issue. We got an email regarding the increase to 400mbps and there was no way to do that on the app nor the website. Now, I'm guessing I could have dealt with the chatbot or called customer service to accomplish this, but in these times, shouldn't things work correctly for such a large company? Not being sarcastic, just pointing out expectations of access via an app or website that has "known issues" without making folks aware of such issues. If the customer has their own modem, a pop-up or banner notification should have been an easy thing to configure, alerting them to a possible issue. Just my old guy 2 cents. 😐️

After all of these hassles, we took the "customer owned modem" offline and routed our internet through the eMTA. Even spent the extra $$ for the Ultra (400) speed upgrade.

Things seem to be working ok for now AND we can see the internet equipment on the account.

Only oddball thing left is that the model of MTA/modem noted on the account is different for Voice and Internet. Not sure if that makes a difference on your end, but I do know that the two different models have different chipsets (maybe?).

For the record, we have the Technicolor Model E31T2V1 for our service... not the Ubee E31U2V1.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm kind of bummed that I had to end up taking our modem offline because it allowed me to at least see signal strengths and error logs. With our current MTA, I'd have to jump through quite a few hoops to log into it and now just have to keep fingers crossed that everything is ok.

Thanks again!

Rich