Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

My Spectrum TV app keeps flipping from landscape to portrait real fast.

LARichboyLARichboy Posts: 3 Spectator

I am using spectrum on my Samsung S 7 FE Tablet and when I open the app it keeps flipping from landscape to portrait, back and forth real fast. So I cannot watch anything. I have rebooted, uninstalled, and reinstalled the app, I turned auto rotate off, and it still does the same thing. Very annoying! Just started doing this within the last week. Works fine on my Samsung S21 Ultra phone.

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 460 Moderator
    May 13, 2022

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I apologize for the issues you are having. Can you check what version of Android the tablet is running as well as the version of the app that is showing up when you install the app?

-Tyleen

• LARichboyLARichboy Posts: 3 Spectator
    May 13, 2022

I'm running Android 12 and Spectrum TV version 8.49.0.40484332.release

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 460 Moderator
    May 13, 2022

Thank you for that information. That is all up to date and the app should be working fine. When you uninstalled the app did you restart the tablet then reinstall the app?

If so do you notice the issues on live TV and on demand? Does it also go to landscape when on the guide or other menus like settings or the on demand menu?

-Tyleen

• LARichboyLARichboy Posts: 3 Spectator
    May 13, 2022

So I deleted the app, shut down tablet then started it up and downloaded spectrum TV again and same thing. This all started within the last week. When I click on the TV app, it opens and immediately starts flipping from landscape to portrait. I can't even enter my username and password.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,391 ADMIN
    May 13, 2022

Thanks for the reply. Please try clearing the cache and history on the tablet, then power off the tablet and restart the tablet again. Let us know if the issue continues after following these steps.