Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why does my internet keep disconnecting ?

BarryBBarryB Posts: 3 Spectator
edited June 14 in Connectivity May 14, 2022

My internet keeps disconnecting up to ten times a day ? Sure this is not normal whats going on with it?

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 482 Moderator
    May 14, 2022

Hello @BarryB and welcome to the Spectrum Community. I just have a couple of questions. When you lose connection, do you happen to notice if the lights on the modem change at all?

Have you tried to reboot your modem and/or router to see if that changes anything at all?

Thank you.

Paul_B

• BarryBBarryB Posts: 3 Spectator
    May 14, 2022

I have rebooted both does not help internet still drops out

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 254 Moderator
    May 15, 2022

Thank you. Do you notice any changes to the light on the equipment? Also, are your devices all wireless or do you have wired devices as well?

• BarryBBarryB Posts: 3 Spectator
    May 15, 2022

All devices are wireless, and yes the lights go off

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 247 Moderator
    May 15, 2022

The connection to your modem looks stable from my end but it is still reporting an up time of 22 days. Please try rebooting again but this time remove both the power cord and coaxial cable, tap the tip of the coax cable and port on the modem and then reconnect them starting with the coaxial cable first and then the power cord. Also check to make sure the coaxial cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet.

If the problem persists after doing this, check to see if the online light on the modem is one of the lights turning off.

This discussion has been closed.