Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Hurricane Ian: We're tracking Ian and will keep you posted as it affects your area. Get storm tips and updates.

iPad send and receive text

dgbraddgbrad Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited June 14 in Spectrum Mobile May 17, 2022

I have an unlimited tablet account. I have unlimited text. I can only text through iMessage. So I can only send/receive with Apple devices. Is that my only option? Doesn't seem unlimited to me. How do Android tablets accomplish it?

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 504 Moderator
    May 18, 2022

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community. For Spectrum Mobile the tablet lines of service are data only. They do not include voice or text capability. So you can use alternative options such as text apps you can download from the app store. These apps use data only and do not require a voice/text plan.

The only way to text from an iPad without using a third party app would be to link your iPhone number to the device and you can text from the iPad but it would show from the phone number on your iPhone.

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.