Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

How Can I Add 2-STEP VERIFICATION TO OUR SPECTRUM LANDLINE PHONE?

CableAlanCableAlan Posts: 14 Participant
edited June 27 in Digital Phone May 23, 2022

Is there a way to do this (as a further Security step to prevent some crook from porting our number)?

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 121 Contributor
    May 24, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @CableAlan!

Yes you can add an extra security measure to your account by having an account PIN added. This can be any 4 digit code of your choosing and would need to be provided in order to access or make any changes to your account or services including phone number port outs. We can assist you with adding a PIN here or you can also contact customer service by phone as well. If you'd like us to set up the PIN for you please let me know and I will send you a private message to gather some additional account information.

-Heather

Replies

• CableAlanCableAlan Posts: 14 Participant
    edited May 24 May 24, 2022

Thank you, Heather.

I ---believe--- I may have a PIN already set, but it was years ago, and I can't recall it😐️

When I call Spectrum they ask for it, but I respond "Operator," and bypass that request.

Please do send me a private message... I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Alan

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 401 Moderator
    May 24, 2022

@CableAlan , hey there I just sent you a private message to gather some information to check on this for you. It is from our Community_Help handle.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.