Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Random behavior

user13user13 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited July 6 in Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App May 31, 2022

I am using the Spectrum TV app on both Roku and AppleTV. Generally the app works well but occasionally won't respond to the Hisense remote commands on the AppleTV. I think that is due to controlling the AppleTV with the Hisense TV remote. My bigger question is this. Does anybody on this forum ever see random things that act like the remote is being used when it isn't. On the AppleTV it will just randomly pop up the little Menu and Guide prompts on the top and left side of the display with the arrows indicating how to invoke the drop down menus. I've see similar behavior on the Roku but the behavior is a little different on the Roku. I'm wondering if it is invoking the same code randomly but since the application remotes are different it is a slightly different representation on both appliances. I do use Homekit and Home Assistant which is why I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this. None of my other streaming apps do it and if it is a spectrum app issue I'd like to know how to bring it to their attention.

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 452 Moderator
    edited June 1 Jun 01, 2022

Hi @user13, welcome to our community!

Can you check for updates on your Apple TV and reinstall the Spectrum TV app? If the issue persist, will you check if the same problem occurs when using the original Apple TV remote?

This discussion has been closed.